Saturday 16 November 2013

Baldwin’s show suspended

Alec Baldwin’s MSNBC show has been suspended following a series of outbursts in New York this week.
The actor last month launched current events and culture programme Up Late with Alec Baldwin for MSNBC.
According to Variety, network bosses have suspended the show for two weeks after the actor was seen aggressively confronting a reporter who was asking him about his recent legal victory against convicted stalker Genevieve Sabourin.
The reporter, from FOX-owned station WNYW, was initially brushed off by the actor, who then turned around to confront him.
“If you’re still here when my wife and kid come out, you’re going to have a big problem, you know that?” Alec asked, adding, “You are as dumb as you look. You are with Fox, right?”
The actor later apologised for the incident.
In a statement released on the MSNBC website, the star said he realises his actions undermined his colleagues at the network and accepted their decision.
“I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have – and for that I am deeply sorry,” he wrote.
“Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward. What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable. Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support.
“I understand Up Late will be taken off the schedule for tonight and next week. I want to apologize to my loyal fans and to my colleagues at MSNBC – both for my actions and for distracting from their good work. Again, please accept my apology.”
Alec’s outburst at the reporter came shortly after he was shown in video acquired by TMZ shoving a paparazzo in New York.
He was also accused of hurling a homophobic slur at a photographer waiting outside his Manhattan apartment earlier this week, but has strenuously denied such claims.
Alec has been under intense media scrutiny in recent weeks during the trial of Genevieve Sabourin, found guilty this week of five counts of stalking, including one against Alec's wife Hilaria Thomas.
The actress, who claimed she had a romantic relationship with the star, was sentenced to 180 days in jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment